Thursday, October 1, 2009

Long time no blog!

Just have a few minutes... (hah...that's the story of my life now!!)

Fall. I love it. I love change, especially changing seasons. Everything feels new and fresh and different. I used to hate change with a passion. It scared me and it was incredibly intimidating. When I threw caution to the wind and embraced change, I felt totally liberated. Why not trade in old habits, old mindsets and old things that are out of season with something brand new? It just makes sense. Sure, I may want to wear that old comfy sweater that was the PERFECT FIND, but after 2 years it's starting to fade and honestly, it doesn't fit the same as it used too. Will I ever find a sweater JUST LIKE that one? Probably not. But there are so many NEW THINGS now that I will find just as cute, and most likely, I will end up enjoying the new sweater more than the old one. It will fit me for the season I'm in now. Maybe next year it will be too big or too small (hopefully not the latter...) and it will be time for sweater shopping yet again!

Catch my drift?

Never stay comfortable with where you are at. Always be moving up. Embrace change. You can be intimidated with not being able to see what's directly in front of you, but turn that fear into excitement and anticipation. All long as you are sumbitted to the Lord and submitted to HIS plans for your life, there should be no worry about what's next. He'll never give you any more than you can handle and He will always give you the strength you need for a new season in your life.

Enjoy this changing season!!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks so much Amity! Our last name should be "change" instead of Burnett :) I really needed this bit of encouragement today. Check our blog soon for an update on changes for us... Love y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow you have no idea what I got from this blog..it was like you wrote it just for me.. I had been so busy I have not checked your blog in a while and when I did, this is what you posted.. awesome :-)

    ReplyDelete