Monday, May 23, 2011

Pie Anyone?

Hi! Have you missed me? Blogging hasn't been much of a priority these past few months, but I thought today that I needed to update this page! It's been quite a while!

My life is a pie. :) This is what I've come to learn over the past few months. There are many pieces in my life pie. God, husband, children, home, family, friends, ministry, work (ecm, zumba & pool) are just a few examples. I've never been busier in my entire life with these things, but I think I've finally discovered the key to happily living and maintaining a successful BUSY life.

Portions. That's the key.

I've set boundaries, limits, and goals for each "piece"of my life pie and I've made sure that each one is realistic, goal-oriented and productive. When a piece seems to take up too much room, it's evaluated, prayed about and sometimes shrunk to keep balance in the pie shell. When I see that a piece is becoming neglected, sloppy or unproductive, I look to see where I can put more enery toward it.

Sometimes it's meant saying "no" to things. Sometimes it's meant having a babysitter for nearly the entire day. Either way, there has been such peace in our home because of finding this balance. And that's how I know the balance is working!! When there's peace!

My toenails stay painted. Our marriage is still fun and exciting. Our kids are growing and becoming exceptionally smart (Ella is speaking in full sentences & Aaron can solve simple algebra problems!). Our house stays clean. The ECM is thriving. Zumba classes are exploding (I have over 40 Punch Cards sold). WSC is 100% ready one week in advance of opening day.

So here's my encouragement to you...no matter how many pie pieces you have! Find the right portions for your life. Write down your pieces. Catagorize them by priority. Sometimes it's best to catagorize them by the most time first, then by priority. Example-How much time did I spend with our children today as opposed to being on the computer? Ouch. Then, you will see which pieces need to shrink, and which ones need to take more priority during your day/week.

Then, write down goals, dreams and desires for those pieces.
Example :: I want to have a "date night" each week with my husband. (This can even mean take-out and redbox after the kids are in bed!)

Be resourceful, be productive and make the most of your time. I promise that you will feel at peace in your mind and will see good fruit when your life pie is organized . And, I believe that God honors order, goals and not being complacent with where you are in life. Always be moving up, making things better and staying HAPPY.

Be blessed today!

No comments:

Post a Comment