Monday, September 22, 2008

Growing up.

Aaron turns 2 in 25 days, and the day is quickly appoaching where he will need to transition to a "big boy" bed. I found this bedding that I absolutely LOVE for him. (He loves drums, guitars...anything musical)

Photobucket

Now, I am on the prowl for a twin bed set, dresser & nightstand!! I've looked at Wal-Mart and Target (online) and everything seems to be too elaborate for what we need! I just want something simple and somewhat cheap! I mean, he will be using this bed during the roughest, rowdiest, most "interesting" years of his life. I want something that won't make me cringe when I walk into his room and he is jumping off of his bed onto his dresser...or whatever little boys do. Haha. Anyways...I'll keep watching for one. Maybe I find one at a garage sale...

Speaking of GARAGE SALES! I discovered a new favorite hobby. Last weekend, knowing that Thomas would be mowing/doing yardwork from 8AM-2PM (at least), I bought a newspaper on Friday night and scouted out 12 nearby garage sales. I organized a list of the perfect garage sale route, including detailed directions of where each one was, then headed out (with steaming hot chocolate in hand) at promptly 8:00AM. We had borrowed our good friend's portable DVD player and so I plugged in good ol faithful Blues Clues and my little one was as content as could be!
Here are a few things I came home with!

*A BRAND NEW Breadmaker! = $5.00
Photobucket

*2 Cute stand thingys...don't know what to do with these yet... = $0.50
Photobucket

A Scrabble Game = $1.00

A Scene It? Jr. Game $2.00

And a big race car toy for Aaron! = 25 cents

That's all for now! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment