Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Holidays

I was really in a funk yesterday. I mean REALLY! I usually look forward to the holidays with the excitement of a kid in a candy store, but actually caught myself dreading this week! Yesterday, I was so busy wallowing in self pity and depression, I totally forgot about the entire meaning of Thanksgiving! I mean...hello!
Everyone knows that most holidays bring out how crazy or dysfunctional your family is. Some more than others.

But I had to really sit back and focus on Phil 4:6:
"Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with THANKSGIVING let your requests be made known to God."

I am thankful! God has given me a wonderful husband. A precious son. A beautiful home. A supporting family. An awesome church family. Incredible friends. Amazing jobs. Chocolate....


So have a blessed and Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment