Sunday, December 28, 2008

just an update...

Yeah, it's getting a little better. The new medicine (Zofran) does not make me sleepy and has helped alot with the nausea. It took about a week to kick in. Either that, or my hormones are leveling out a bit. Who knows. :)
I graduated from crackers, oatmeal and string cheese to chicken, cereal and soup. Yay! I miss fajitas so much. I am used to eating them AT LEAST twice a week. I mean, that is MY FOOD. So...I figure, give me another week or two and maybe I will have a beautiful plate of sizzling beef fajitas with sour cream, guacamole, cheese and SALSA in front of me. I will be drooling. Haha...I am drooling now!!!
OK, enough about food. Today I really enjoyed the service today at church. I love worship so much. I long to just break free and dance around the room like no one is watching. His presence is so sweet. We sang one of my favorite songs that I haven't sung in FOREVER! I think the title is "When I think about the Lord." The words are so simple and pure...but speak such gratitude.


when i think about the Lord
how He saved me, how He raised me
how He filled me with the Holy Ghost
how He healed me to the uttermost
when i think about the Lord
how he picked me up
turned me around
how He set my feet
on solid ground

it makes me want to shout
hallelujah! thank you, Jesus!
Lord, you're worthy
of all the glory, and all the honor
and all the praise!
Hallelujah! thank you, Jesus!
Lord, you're worthy
of all the glory, and all the honor
and all the praise!

Love it. My husband preached the message this morning about hope. I am always so proud to watch him speak. He has so much wisdom and speaks in front of people with such EASE! He constantly amazes me....and he looks pretty hot with a microphone. ;)
Thomas also spoke briefly of not being complacent of where you are at in your walk with the Lord. I'm not content. I want to go deeper! I want to be used. I want people to look at Amity and see Jesus. Another favorite song of mine has these words that clearly define how I feel.

"Open up my eyes to the things unseen,
Show me how to love like YOU have loved me!
Break my heart for what breaks Yours...."

That's about it for now...I'm looking forward to a New Year! I'm so excited to see what is in store for the Humphries' family in 2009.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness. You quoted two of my very favorite songs as well! Especially, "break my heart for what breaks Yours." That was something that my kids (3rd graders) would pray a lot...that God would break their heart for what broke His. It's so amazing when you pray that prayer what God will do! His heart for people is so amazing!
    By the way, I finally did a post on my blog. LOL Thanks for the reminder. I love you!
    Oh, and the next time we're in town, it's fajitas and pedicures...so you'd better get ready girl! I miss you!!!

    ReplyDelete