Monday, May 11, 2009

more updates

I can breathe a sweet sigh of relief once again. It a girl. STILL!
You know, you hear of those stories about people preparing for a certain sex and then the day comes where the baby is born and it's NOT what they thought it would be? I think that would be horrible!! But today we saw litte Ella and her "hamburger" was quite visible. :)

I put on 8 pounds this month, but it feels more like 20 lbs to me! I like to joke with my husband that I have rock hard abs...they are just rock hard in a "rounder" kind of way. Ella weighed in at 2lbs 13oz and my docotor warned me that she was looking to be "another large baby!" (Aaron was 8lbs 12oz) She was already head down, which was different from Aaron (breech baby) and that explained some different cramping that I've had the past several weeks. LITERALLY EVERYTHING has been different with this pregnancy...it's amazing!

We finished the painting/wallpapering/crown molding in Ella's room and now we are excited about beginning to fill it with her things!
Photobucket
We'll use Aaron's crib and changing table (both white) and I'm on the lookout for a dresser. A friend of mine told me that you HAVE to have a dresser when you have a girl. I guess for leggings, bows, tights...umm...what else? Anyways,I'm on the prowl. Garage sales anyone?!

This weekend, my hubby is going out of town for a Men's Retreat and I am taking on: Project Letters.
Photobucket
Each one of these letters cost $20. That means our 4-letter baby girl's name would cost a grand total of $80!! No way. So I am headed to Hobby Lobby/Michaels this week to find some cute letters, paint and ribbon. Will post pics of the finished product and let you know MY final cost.

Wylie Swim Club opens up in 2 weeks. I have been extremely busy with all the various pool preparations, new memberships, lifeguard interviews, etc. Whew! This summer will be different from last because we had last summer to learn and this past winter to prepare. But it's still crazy busy!!

One more note: The twins are doing WONDERFUL. Thomas and I had the chance to go over to DFW last weekend and see the little guys.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Both are growing quickly and have doubled their weight since birth! Ashley, however, has had alot of pain recently and the doctors determined it was her gallbladder. She is scheduled for surgery tomorrow morning, so please keep her in your prayers over the next week or two. I can't even imagine having 2 little babies and dealing with an ordeal like this! She's one tough lady!!

No comments:

Post a Comment