Monday, April 27, 2009

faithfulness

Today's "fruit" is Faithfulness.

(For those who are just now reading up on my blog, I have been practicing the Fruits Of The Spirit for the past week...)

Thomas and I really try to live a faith-filled life and I believe that the Lord has truly blessed us from it. Living by Faith has become a natural lifestyle to us. It's become so easy! I heard a wise man once say "Make it easy on you and hard on God!" How do we encorporate living a life of Faith on a day-to-day basis? Simple.
1.We don't worry.
2.We know that God will provide everything and anything we need. No questions asked.
3.We tithe. Therefore, our finances are blessed.
4.We speak positively, even when circumstances seems impossible. (..."with God, all things are _______??)
5.We speak things that are not, as though they are. Read that sentence again.

This morning when I began spending time with the Lord, He spoke to my heart about what part of Faithfulness He wanted me to focus on. My mission today was to focus on the "devotion, thoroughness & loyalty" part of it.

Devotion & Loyalty: My heart's desire is to be %100 devoted to my Savior, and to rely on Him not just as Savior, but Lord. I long to be wholly devoted to Him. To hear His Heart and act upon it with such obedience and dedication.

Thoroughness: This is something I can learn from my husband. He has such a gift of being thorough. He pays attention to detail and accuracy to the point where it drives me absolutely nuts! Don't get me wrong! I get things done well, and usually very organized! But my heart's intention has a tendancy to just say, "Hurry up. Just get done with the basics so you can move on to another project." My prayer is to be sensitive to things that don't just matter to what I want, but rather to what others need.

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful way to spend your week! You have inspired me to rekindle my fruits as well :) You are such a beautiful spirit Amity, thank you for the encouragement!

    ReplyDelete