Saturday, April 4, 2009

Potty-training update....

ALERT: This is a "Mommy Blog" and "potty" words are used frequently in this post. Beware.

We are now in full-time pull-ups during the day! AND, because Walgreens carries cheap but GOOD pull-ups, we are not having to spend almost $10 a week. Praise Jesus! :)

Aaron is doing really well! If I am consistant on having him sit on the potty every hour, then he goes! We are still working on "going" all the way and not just a little at a time. I give him 1 M&M every time he pee-pees. He only gets candy when he actually "goes" and that seems to help him get the point of going potty! He is even pottying in public places (Wal-Mart, etc...) when we are out doing errands.
We have not mastered poo-pooing...I guess I haven't caught him at the right time yet.

This method seems to work best for my Aaron. He hates being rushed and needs a laid-back environment in order to accomplish something different. I'm very proud of him. :)

1 comment: