Sunday, March 15, 2009

i never know what to put in the title...

Today is the last day of our Spring Break. Oh, how I wish it was longer!!
We decided VERY last minute to get out of town on a much needed family-time vacation. Using my mad priceline skills, I got us a gorgeous room at the Sheraton in Arlington for an el cheapo rate of $40.00!
Photobucket

Photobucket

The original plan was to drive in on Wednesday morning, see Preston and Ashley, go to the Omni, stay the night, go to the Dallas Children's Museum, go home. We ended up having such an enjoyable time together we stayed an extra night and went to the Parks Mall. I think that was the first official "family" vacation since Aaron was born! We have traveled as a family, but usually to stay with friends and family. This time it was just US. We did whatever we wanted as a family with no time restraints or schedules. It really warmed my heart to just be with my boys.

Tomorrow is back to reality! I have Monday to get my grocery shopping, laundry and phone calls done before Aaron heads back to school and I back to work on Tuesday. Oh by the way, potty-training didn't happen this week. Go figure. He has shown a little more interest lately and sometimes stays dry during the night and during naptime! No rush...I just would love having a short "no diaper" period between kids...

I'll be 20 weeks on Tuesday and I love reading the pregnancy week to week calendars online. (www.pregnancy.about.com)
This specific website stated that at 20 weeks, my baby is measuring around 9.8 inches and weighing approx. 10oz!! That seems a bit hard to believe that my baby weighs the same as a steak I ate a few days ago. Amazing....I'll be excited to know MY baby's measurements next Monday. Every now and then I still have to pull out my pills at night to keep the nausea away, but that's down to just a few nights a week. PRAISE GOD!
I was sad this morning when I got out my black Express slacks to wear to church and the button no longer reached. So I'm down to my last pair of pants that fit. My good ol' jeans. Hopefully, this weather will warm up and stay warm where I can get out my capris, skirts and shorts! Until then, if you see me wearing the same pair of jeans every day...well...sorry!

1 comment:

  1. I'm telling ya! You need to go to Motherhood tomorrow and get a Belly Band or Tummy Sleeve or whatever they're called! I can't believe your jeans still fit fastened, by the way. It'll give you weeks! Months!

    Love you and I'm glad you've been feeling much better! And I'm inspired by your family vacation. I have a list of places to take our *little older* family someday!

    ReplyDelete