Monday, March 16, 2009

a whole new world

The past several mornings I've awakened to sharp cramps and what feels like indigestion. This morning at 4:00am, I couldn't go back to sleep because of that nagging discomfort. So, after tossing and turning for a couple hours, I decided I must be experiencing Braxton Hicks. I went ahead and called my doctor at 9:00 just to ask the nurse if these cramps were normal. I didn't expect her to tell me to go ahead and come in at 1:00! So I got dressed, went to WalMart and did a few errends. The nag never went away, but it was never really unbearable or anything...just sharp and mainly annoying!
Thomas was able to get out of work to come to the appointment and I am SO glad he did! My sonogram was suppose to be next Monday, so I was surprised to find out they wanted to go ahead and check out the baby today!!! On the way to the doctor's office, I joked with Thomas, "I'm wearing a bright pink shirt today...is that a sign??" We laughed. Haha.

I knew that everything was fine with our baby, but it is such a wonderful feeling to actually SEE the heart pumping and beating. As I watched the screen, we saw all 10 fingers and toes, arms stretched high over a perfectly round head, and....nothing in between her legs. "Looks like a girl, at first glance!" the doctor announced to us. I laughed, "Now, when you say 'looks like', what percentage would you say?"
"I would say 90-95% based on what we are seeing here." He replied

Stunned. That was the only emotion I felt for a few minutes. I didn't believe him! No way.....

I guess I am still a little bit in denial even now!! Calling my family and saying the words "she" and "her" was so foreign to me. Don't get me wrong, I am ecstatic that we will have a sweet daughter along with our little boy, but I was just SO SURE....

Anyways...because the appointment was so last minute, he was moving quickly through the measurments. He did say he was very pleased with the way she was measuring. We got a picture of her feet and hands....will post later! Turns out the cramps I was feeling were stretching pains because I am carrying her so low. They said it's possible she might be pushing on a nerve as well...

Oh my word. A little daughter. I cannot wait!! Girl clother are wayyy cuter than boy clothes and I cannot WAIT to go buy some cute outfits with matching bows and shoes...ahhh. So much fun!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment