Monday, March 9, 2009

Phase 1

Spring Break is here. So is potty-training.

On Thursday (last week) I had Aaron put on his new underwear. After 2 straight hours of "trying" every 15 minutes, he was frustrated and crying. He hated going potty and I was getting a headache. Even after chugging two cups of juice, the kid just wouldn't pee!! So after what seemed like the 18th time of "trying", I went into the kitchen to cook dinner. Not 5 minutes after he was sitting on the pot, I hear a gush of liquid from the living room. I pop my head around the corner to see Aaron grinning from ear to ear. "I clean it up now!" He said cheerfully. So much for that. I stuck a diaper on him and called it a day.

Fast-forward to today. This morning I had a ton of errands to do, so I decided to have another try at it after naptime. I put him to bed around 1:30 and he slept until 4:00. As soon as I heard him wake up, I took him to the bathroom where I discovered a miracle: A CLEAN diaper. Sure enough, after a few minutes he PEED! I was so happy. So on went the pull-up and off we went to get a prize from the Potty Treat Bag. That was the only pee pee accomplishment today, but it was enough for me! He tried several more times this afternoon, but we never made it at the right time.

Aaron's personality is very cautious and he absolutely HATES being rushed at anything. So I am taking this slow for his sake. In the past when I push him, he resists. In fact, he completely turns off to any idea I throw too fast at him. I decided not to keep my expectations too high and just hope I get him potty-trained before college. That's my goal! :)

1 comment:

  1. he'll get it! don't worry... remember, he's only 2 1/2. you got plenty of time, girl. :)

    ReplyDelete