Tuesday, July 7, 2009

36 Weeks and ready

July 24th could not come sooner! :)

With late pregnancy discomforts kicking in high gear, I'm finding myself longing for the next 17 days to pass speedily. Ella has officially "dropped" and I think her head is about 2 inches away from falling out of me. The "waddle" has begun and I can tell you with confidence that it takes exactly 19 steps to get to the bathroom from my bed. (Which, by the way, that trip happens about 10 times per night these days.)
Contractions are a new experience for me in this pregnancy. With Aaron, (Mr. "Head jammed up in my ribcage until 40 weeks") I never experienced any kind of contractions until the day he was born. The nurse informed me as they were prepping me for the C-Section that I was having contractions every 5 minutes, but I never felt a thing...
Last night (and the past several nights), I've been up for hours with these uncomfortable contractions that come every 3-5 minutes, along with pressure and back pain. My doctor put me on some Codeine (sp?) and an antibiotic for Group B Strep and said that should help with those icky contractions.

To pass the time, I am trying to find small projects to do every day until Ella arrives. Yesterday, I washed all her clothes, bedding and blankets then packed her diaper bag for the hospital. That was fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment