Thursday, July 23, 2009

8 hours away...

I have just a few minutes to blog before needing to get to bed. Thomas is finishing up some work on his laptop for the weekend and we are both hoping to be in bed by 10:15 for some much needed rest before THE BIG DAY tomorrow!

Today was fun, busy and exciting, yet very peaceful.
Aaron and I headed out of the house at 10am, stopped by Smoothie King for my beloved Pineapple Surf smoothie, picked up dry cleaning, gassed up vehicle and hit Wal-Mart for some final items. After lunch, we played the Wii together before he went down for his nap from 2-4. I used those couple hours to straighten up the house, do laundry and mop. Thomas and I went to the hospital at 4:30 to pre-admit and dropped Aaron off at my mom's house at 7:00. Now....I'm packed. The house is clean. Laundry done. And I am getting sleepy.
Aaron was just precious today. He would randomly come up to me and tell me "Mama, I love you SOOOO much", then grin and go back to whatever he was doing. Also, when I would casually ask him to do something, he would reply, "Yes Ma'am!!" Ahhh...sweet music to my ears. The months of prompting this reply have finally begun to pay off. We talked about seeing Baby Ella tomorrow and he informed me how he was going to "give her kisses and hugs and gentle hands." Too sweet.

We go in to Abilene Regional tomorrow morning at 5:30am and the C-Section is scheduled to begin at 7:30. My doctor told me that things should stay as scheduled and Ella will be shown off by Daddy in the nursery by around 8 or 8:15! I'll be back in my room by 8:30 or 9:00. They say the 2nd C-Section is alot easier and quicker recovery than the first, so I am happy about that. Really, the first one was a breeze...so maybe this will be even better!

I love visitors so please come see us if you want! Most likely, I will be pretty groggy that morning/early afternoon...so don't mind me if I start talking funny or telling you random things. Morphine...good stuff! :)
My doctor also said that we should be able to go home on Sunday afternoon.

Aaron is being well taken care of while we are in the hospital. He will be staying with his grandparents and I know they will keep him very busy and happy....and spoiled! :)

Feel free to call mine or Thomas' phone...we will have them on silent if we are busy or sleeping. I'll try to have him send out a mass text or FB status tomorrow with her details! Any bets?? :)

Goodnight! Thanks for all your prayers and support. Tomorrow I will be holding my sweet baby girl!!!!!!

Love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment