Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Tuesday

I'm sitting here smiling while I watch my tummy bump every few seconds. She has the hiccups again!

We had our last sonogram yesterday and it was absolutely breathtaking to see our baby girl. The detail was incredible and we saw her chubby little face perfectly! Her hand was also positioned in a "thumbs-up" way and I thought that was cute! It was like she was saying, "OK Mom, I'm ready whenever you are!" Since today I am at exactly 37 weeks, I gave her full permission to arrive at her earliest convenience. So now, it's just a matter of waiting. Dr. Anderson measured her and announced that she will be at the 9lb mark by next Friday and casually referred to her as "A King-sized baby". It made me think of her as a candy bar. King-sized! Ella the King-Sized Twix....lol.

Speaking of Ella...I thought that we were set on her middle name, but we're not. As I was lying awake the other night, I couldn't get her original name out of my mind. Ella Beth. It means "beautiful House of God" and Beth (Lafuente) is a woman that I deeply admire and respect and was a mentor to me before Thomas and I were married. I love the name Ella Claire, but I just keep thinking it might not be "us". I don't know though! Which is SO crazy because I usually make a decision and cannot be swayed from it! I honestly don't know what her name is going to be. *sigh* Thomas feels the same way...he likes both, but doesn't necessarily have a preference. SO! Her middle name is still yet to be decided...we have 10 days, so hopefully we will nail it down by then. Hopefully!

No comments:

Post a Comment