Saturday, July 18, 2009

potty training updates.

I figured it out. Boys are just plain l-a-z-y! :)
Every mom of boys that I know have told me, "Wait until they are 3 years old...it will be MUCH easier!" Of course, I dig my heels in and am adamant about my son being out of diapers before sister bear arrives. But, I can say with relief that the past 3 days have been wonderful dry pull-up days!!

What do I do? NOTHING!! When we are home, the pull-ups come off and my son runs around the house with a shirt on. That's it! The UPS delivery man was caught off guard when Aaron went to the door to receive a package with his twig and berries exposed. I just smiled, thanked him and informed him that "We're potty-training." :)

Without the security of a diaper or pull-up, Aaron will run to the bathroom without needing to be reminded by a timer or by me! Oh my...it's been SO nice. Last week I was in tears and at my wits end with that boy. He simply did not care. He would walk around with a wet pull-up on all day until it leaked and not have a care in the world about it. I tried using normal big-boy underwear, but he still would wet those and then I would have extra laundry to do. No time for that!!

So today, I am still in my pj's and my son is happily playing with his trains...bottomless. He has pee-peed consistantly all day and doesn't even ask for his typical M&M reward. (Which is good, because it's hard for Mommy to resist chocolate when I give it to him!)

When we go out and do errends, he does great! I make sure to take him right before we leave the house and periodically while we are out and about. I appreciate clean public bathrooms more than ever! Khols has won that award with a sparkling clean FAMILY bathroom. It's complete with an adult potty and a little boy potty, a sink that is reachable to kids and paper towels instead of a loud obnoxious hand dryer.

So for now, that's what we are doing. Pull-up in public, bare-booty at home. What I see happening is that he gets so used to "going" by himself, we can graduate to underwear next week at home....we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment